Every October, the FPI hosts Financial Planning Week, an ongoing consumer initiative designed to make financial planning a fundamental aspect of South African lives. Contributing just a little of your time, knowledge or expertise to this noble cause won’t only build a better future for our beloved country – it will also reap tangible rewards for you and your business.
“Financial Planning Week is a wonderful opportunity for everyone in the industry to get stuck into raising awareness of the importance of financial planning for all South Africans,” says FPI CEO Lelané Bezuidenhout. She adds that the week is also “a great source of free publicity” for all participating brands.
What does FPW actually entail?
In the week of 4 – 8 October 2021, the FPI will coordinate a raft of initiatives to raise the profile of financial planning in SA. These will range from formal events, media interviews, and articles through to informal promotion of the profession through word-of-mouth and social media. The week is all about:
- Encouraging everyone in the industry to promote the benefits of comprehensive financial planning to existing and potential clients, other financial planners, financial services providers and regulators.
- Promoting the value of the FPI professional membership to both the industry and the public.
- Emphasizing the difference between holistic financial planning and product-orientated financial advice.
How can I get involved?
We can all contribute to the success of Financial Planning Week by simply raising awareness of the value that quality financial planning can add to all South Africans’ lives.
Great ways in which you can get involved
One of the easiest (and most effective!) ways of doing this is to simply reach out to friends, family, clients and colleagues asking them to spread the word about the incredible rewards professional financial planning advice brings. If every happy client tells just one person about how financial planning has positively impacted their financial and emotional wellbeing, it will give the entire industry – and by extension, the whole nation – an irrefutable boost.
To make spreading the word easy for you, we’ll be providing links, logos, brochures and pre-written social media posts closer to the time.
But I want to help now!
Great, your enthusiasm is very welcome! The FPI is currently looking for volunteer firms and individuals to make the week as great as it possibly can be. Giving a couple of hours of your time will benefit your country, your business and your sense of self! Here are a few ways you can help.
- Participate in information sessions on financial planning-related subjects of your choice.
- Facilitate an FPI MYMONEY123™ session (all materials for this one and a half hour introductory course will be provided for you.)
- Provide free financial planning consultations during Financial Planning Week.
- Write articles, participate in podcasts, or create social media materials related to FPW
The bottom line
“A more prosperous South Africa is good for us all,” urges Lelané Bezuidenhout. “And financial planning is one of the main ingredients in the recipe for prosperity!
Please play your part in promoting the profession – not just during Financial Planning Week, but every day!”