1. Gain the tools to future proof yourself and your business
We decided on the theme for this year’s Convention – Future Proof – long before Covid-19 was a thing. Now our theme is more relevant than ever. Our incredible line-up of local and international speakers brings decades of problem-solving experience to the table and they are positively bursting with ideas. Covid-19 may have blindsided your business – but remember that your clients will now need you more than ever!
2. Learn much more about behavioural finance and integrating coaching into planning
As the field of neuropsychology grows, it is becoming increasingly clear that giving good financial advice is as much about understanding the maths behind financial calculations as it is about appreciating the intricacies of the human psyche. We are thrilled to have nabbed some real thought leaders in this genre, most notably Greg Davies, Frank Magwegwe, Rob Macdonald and Mary Fourie.
3. Stay connected with your peers and discuss your mutual challenges and opportunities
One of the most devastating impacts of Covid-19 is the way it has sabotaged communities. Technology has gone some way towards filling this void, but it is hard to underestimate the importance of those conversations you have at the photocopier or in the queue at OR Tambo. The FPI conference is being hosted by Asset TV, world leaders in digital conferencing. They know better than any of us that the “gold truly is in the hallways” and they will ensure that there is plenty of space for authentic, off-the-cuff interaction.
4. Make “Excellence your Standard” as you transition to a fee-based practice
The talk by Michelle Hoskin – aka Little Miss WOWW! – promises to be one of the highlights of the event. Michelle will talk about The Operations Management System (TOMS) that she has spent the last 20 years perfecting with her clients in the UK. TOMS provides a framework that will liberate you from the day-to-day of running a business while maximising profit and productivity. Building on her presentation, Almo Lubowski will talk about how to make the transition to a fees-based practice.
5. Get a global perspective with a live update from FPSB CEO Noel Maye
Who needs Bloomberg News when you’ve got a direct line to global decision-makers? The CEO of the FPSB, Noel Maye, will be joining us to share his insights into the year that’s passed and the way ahead for our profession.
6. Keep up to date with the many developments in Financial Planning Technology
As Greg Davies puts it, taking your practice to the next level is all about “using tech to be better at the stuff that only humans can do”. Take the opportunity to learn about all the latest offerings by visiting our incredible exhibitors’ stands. And be sure to catch Greg’s talk and the technology panel discussion where we will hear from several of the biggest players in this space.
7. Earn 11.5 verifiable CPD hours (and enjoy getting them)
Attending the Convention earns you 5.5 General hours, 4.5 Ethics hours and 1.5 Technical hours. The fantastic digital platform provided by Asset TV and the stellar line-up of speakers will make them the easiest CPD hours you ever earn.
8. Keep abreast of all the latest regulatory developments
It may not be sexy, but staying abreast of the latest regulatory developments is an absolute must in today’s constantly shifting financial landscape. Caroline da Silva, of the FSCA, will be giving us the lowdown.
9. Discover how to make succession planning and transformation a positive experience
You cannot go anywhere without hearing someone grumble about transformation and succession planning. But this is the wrong way of thinking about both processes, say Warren Ingram, Katlego Mei and Alex Cook. Their talks will show how embracing transformation and succession planning as positive experiences will change your life.
10. Get incredible value for money with our state-of-the-art digital experience
Despite the truly stellar speakers’ roster, tickets for this year’s digital conference are almost half their usual price. Add this to the fact that you won’t have to book flights or accommodation (or pay for lunch or lattes) and attending the Convention is an absolute no-brainer. International visitors will love the exchange rate ($180 for a two-day conference!) while locals can take advantage of the great, value-for-money CPD package we’ve put together.
Now that we’ve shown you 10 ways in which attending the Convention will benefit you and your business, let’s talk about Reason #11.
Your presence at the Convention will provide an invaluable contribution to building industry knowledge and cohesion. Progress is a two-way conversation and we need you just as much as you need us.
Hope to see you there.
BOOK YOUR SPOT
The conference will be held on 27th and 28th of October 2020 and is 100% digital.
- Tickets are R2 500 for FPI members and R3 000 for non-members. Get yours at www.fpi.co.za
- Or take care of your annual CPD requirements with a discounted package which includes access to the Convention, the Estate & Tax online seminar, the Retirement & Investment online forum and the FPI’s annual refresher. Members pay only R5 200 and non-members R5 920. Book at www.fpi.co.za